Shinkansen Henkei Robo SHINKALION is a manga about Shinkalion. It was first published in Japan by Shogakukan in 2015.
Hayato Hayasugi, the train-loving son of a railway museum curator, accidentally stumbles into his dad's secret research lab one day. Inside he finds the E5 bullet train. As soon as he enters, he hears an announcement that a mysterious enemy, the Bachigami, is attacking the city of New Saitama. Luckily, with the touch of his father's Shinca card, the bullet train he's in transforms into a mighty robot — the Shinkalion E5 Hayabusa. Hayato and other children will serve as conductors to pilot the Shinkalion.
Shinkansen Henkei Robo SHINKALION contains 3 chapters and was drawn by Kemon Kawamoto.
- The Most Powerful Robot Departs!!
- The New Shinkalion--E6 Komachi Appears!!
- E5,E6,E7 Gather Together!! We Are Team Shinkalion!!
There are some differences between the settings of the 2015 series and the anime:
- The story takes time in 2015 while the anime is in 2018.
- Those who control the shinkalions are called “Pilots”(パイロット), while it’s “driver”(運転士) in the anime.
- The antagonists come from another dimension, while those in the anime are from the underground.